It just tickles me titian to have been selected by the talented talebearer Michael Fedison, author of the YA novel the Eye-Dancers, for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank millions for the shout out, Michael! As all of us writers know, it’s one thing to have a single, affable, tame idea to pen, it’s quite another to rein in the myriad whimsies and inspirations of our imaginations that constantly squabble and vie with each other for a chance to be “born,” as it were, unto the blank page. Fortunately, the invention of the web log has provided us a safe haven for the wildly incompatible ideas whirling within our brain meats, and thus, the much-cherished poignancy of being recognized as a versatile and inspiring blogger.
As an honoree, here are the steps for joining the Very Inspiring Blogger Award rolls
To thank and link the blogger that has nominated you.
Then post the award logo to your blog.
Write a post on the nomination and nominate 15(ish) other very inspiring bloggers.
Notify them and then tell seven things about yourself.
My nominees in random order
First and foremost, my athletic, artistic, talented, incredible and amazing partner the Amazing Hip.
The indefatigable indexer of all things science fiction and friend Twisted SciFi.com.
The ever informative and astute friend and science fiction/fantasy author Dale Ivan Smith.
The funny and musically hip friend and YA author L.W. Patricks.
A man with impeccable taste in books (*wink*), friend, and steampunk/paranormal author Scott Whitmore.
A woman of amazing depth, insight, talent and vision, friend and author Sezin Koehler.
There are so many, many more people I would add to this list, but my tragically over-active thinking wheels are ready to spin off to the next thing. But to finish the steps, here are seven things of note (or good blackmail material) about me.
- 2012 has been the most fantastic and meaningful year of my life, and, given the fact that we are still here despite it being the dreaded End of Days à la the Mayan calendar, I am unimaginably grateful for the many gifts I’ve been given.
- On a lighter note, I finally quit mis-spelling the word “occasionally.”
- I discovered the band Lamb this year and can’t recommend them more highly.
- I’ve set a goal to run my first trail marathon in 2013. Stay tuned for many tales of suffering and angst. Or maybe show reviews.
- I only grieved for a few days about the Lance Armstrong cataclysm. There will always be Cadel. (I hope!)
- Oh, and 2013 will see the release of my second novel in the Spectras Arise Trilogy, Contract of Betrayal. The cover art is already complete and I am GIDDY about it.
- I’ll also finish outlining the final half of a paranormal/thriller novel I’m halfway through writing and outlining the third novel in the Spectras Arise Trilogy this coming year. I’m hoping for the inspiration I’ve been lucky enough to corral lately continues, and I wish for the same running-over cup for you all!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Enjoy what you’ve seen so far? Subscribe by using the ‘Click to Follow’ button or enter your email near the top of the page, and never miss a post.
All content copyright unless otherwise specified © 2008-2013 by Tammy Salyer, writer. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to use short quotes provided proper attribution is given.